18 July 2011

The Legends Return

I know it's Monday not Sunday but on Saturday night I was dancing wildly to Baby Got Back behind the bar in Digbeth's very own Rainbow Garden (here I am pointing at a ladder in my tights (photo by the excellent Jade Sukiya)):

So yesterday I resembled this:

Anyway, sorry for lateness, here's what's happened this week!

When I first arrived in Birmingham in September 2009 I could immediately tell who the big players in Birmingham Street Art were. Since then; As One has moved to Norwich and Tempo33, Newso, Philth, N4T4 and Lisk are getting big bucks for their work and collaborating with worldwide street art talent. Understandably these guys are less active on the streets these days. However, this week As One, Lisk and Newso did some fresh painting at Priory Square in the city centre and made me a very happy floozy.
As One "BREW or DIE"

Lisk "WALL BY WALL THIS CITY WILL BE OURS"

Newso
___________________________________

The same spot in Priory Square was also added to by some local artists/illustrators; G-Anders (Glenn Anderson) and S. Power (who I don't know!) did a nice bit of writing: (love many, trust few, paddle your own canoe).

And Craig Earp did a really interesting piece with amazing detail based on 'Organic Disturbances'.
___________________________________

Tempo33 finished a video of his paste work over the past year or so; proper awe-inspiring scale and positioning, especially the billboard work.
___________________________________

As usual, PTP has been busy with more brilliant ideas, this time taking the duckie dress-up even further.
Marvin (Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy) Duck

Lisk Duck!
___________________________________

I came back from my parent's house on Thursday to find parcels from Khoi, 6TWO4 and ZukerOne and some new pens, it was like Christmas!
Khoi t-shirts from the £6 lucky dip

6TWO4, ZukerOne and Khoi stickers to get up on the streets when I can be bothered.
___________________________________

All I've really done recently is decide what my woolly wormy tentacle things are attached to and work on some knitting ideas I'll reveal next week.
I'm planning to rework her with different textures and patterns in her hair, possibly on canvas.
___________________________________

1 comment: