21 August 2011

Princess Hype

I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats about that 'shocking and exciting street art-related announcement' so I'm going to talk about some other stuff first.
___________________________________

Sticky Missions finishes in two weeks time and Obit has just announced that the winner will be receiving an Ultimate Collective Sketchbooks zine (it's not really a zine though, it's 120 pages of excellent sketchbook work and hand sewn together by Obit himself). I'm now even more determined to win so I've gone through all the photos in the Sticky Missions group (only counting actual stickers though, not sketches) and done a leaderboard of the top 5 to see who my competition is:

Princess (me) - 44
I was on 43 but no one else has done Sticky Mission 44 (Put a sticker somewhere really high - Bonus point for highest) so I'm claiming that bonus point.

Case - 36
Case thinks he has 37 but on careful analysis it seems that for Sticky Mission 9 (Multi point task - Stick a sticker on police property, fire department property and metro (underground) property) you get three points for doing all of them and he's only done police property and metro property. Also, for Sticky Mission 23 (Install a 2ft by 2ft cardboard in your town centre or city centre bonus point for the photo with most people in it), Vomit had more people in his installation photo so he gets the bonus.

Vomit - 28
EDIT: I was wrong, Vom has done all of Sticky Mission 9. People need to put all their evidence in an obvious place where a lazy Floozy can find it. His offering for Sticky Mission 23 (Install a 2ft by 2ft cardboard in your town centre or city centre bonus point for the photo with most people in it) has got the most people in the photo so he gets the bonus point for that.

Not - 21
He could have 20 points if his sticker for number 36 (Make a sticker of your favourite animal and put it up in a zoo) had actually been put up in a zoo.


Obit - 17
Generally excellent work though I think it would be unfair if someone co-running the competition won it..
___________________________________

Just before I travelled home to visit my parents, I finished three little canvases complete with little easels. They're all 3.5" x 2.5" and all for sale or trade apart from the green lady which now belongs to PTP in return for some goodies that I haven't seen yet. I am poor and need money for blank stickers and white acrylic so if you'd like either of the remaining ones, feel free to tell me through Flickr or my email
I've also been working on a new idea for stickers and maybe pastes using negative space, here's the best sketch I've done so far:
___________________________________

Now time for that announcement! You've probably just skipped past all the other stuff I've written; shame on you!

The long-awaited annoucment is that Lisk and myself have been formulating a plan for the past couple of months to have a live drawing event featuring some of our favourite local and not-so-local street artists and now it's actually happening! On the 10th September from 7PM you can come to Street Spotted in The Spotted Dog's garden and watch at least six artists drawing/painting/pasting. So far confirmed we have:

 Wah





And there'll be DJs and a barbeque and you don't even have to pay to get in! 

Poster and more details to come on the Facebook Event Page and next week's post when I'm back in Birmingham and available for meetings and organising. Hoorah!
___________________________________

Links

1 comment: