16 October 2011

Art Hugs

Lisk was out pasting Bradford Street on Tuesday! So far this one has already been painted over:

But these are still safe:
 With a giant Tempo33 paste!


With Miss150 and Mew

With Tempo33, PTP and Rupert

Also! Mr Gutter Floozy was in Shoreditch on Wednesday and spotted a Lisk bot there:
___________________________________

I spotted some new stickers on Bradford Street that I think look at bit like Energy's style, here's the sneak-photo I took at his exhibition in the graffiti4hire shop:

And here are the new stickers:


___________________________________

My blog title is now 86% complete thanks to Wah doing 'snaps' for me, I love it and think it looks like a Wah branded polaroid camera!
___________________________________

On Friday night I popped into the launch party for Tony Graffiti's exhibition at Green Street Arts in Digbeth. From what I know of Tony, he's been spraying since the early 80s and now makes a living using his can skills for commissions, promotion and advertising. The exhibition is called 'Keep Graffiti Real - Smoke Crack and Sign On', though I'm not sure whether smoking crack and signing on is in support or criticism of a graffiti purist mentality. I'd assume Tony isn't a big fan of having to witness the way graffiti has evolved a pretentious conjoined twin (street art) but surely that view would contradict painting adverts and putting on an exhibition. Perhaps Tony's reasons are similar to Robbo's shown in the documentary Graffiti Wars; he's been on the scene a long time and has a lot of respect and just thinks 'why not?'. The graffiti vs street art debate will continue, probably with more and more crossovers but if they are conjoined twins you can't just hug one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment